Monday, November 5, 2012

Inspiration


I love to make ice cream, but I do buy it occasionally.  Sometimes my girls wear me down, and I buy some because I don't feel like (or have the time for) making it.  That happened this weekend.  But while B&G were debating over what flavor to get, I had a chance to look for myself.  Haagen-Dazs had some limited edition flavors on the shelf that caught my eye.  I seriously considered the Salted Caramel Truffle, until I realized it was in a vanilla base.  If it had been chocolate ice cream, I probably would have stopped looking there.  But instead, a container (I almost said pint, but unfortunately these are a bit shy of that mark) of Spiced Caramel Biscuit jumped in my cart.  I've thought about putting crumbled Biscoff cookies into homemade ice cream, but haven't been able to decide what base to use.  I like the combination of cookies with caramel ice cream, though the Haagen-Dazs caramel is definitely sweet, not salty.  Overall, I do like the flavor quite a bit.  Plus I think I'm now inspired to fire up the ice cream maker this weekend and make my own version.

1 comment:

  1. You are on a roll...so impressed with all the new posts! :-)

    ReplyDelete