Tuesday, May 13, 2008

LiveSTRONG with a taste of Dorie



This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is Florida Pie, selected by Dianne of Dianne's Dishes.  I love pie, but I had one problem with this particular recipe.  It has coconut.  Not a little coconut, that I could easily leave out (as in Bill's Big Carrot Cake).  Lots of coconut.  And I really can't stand coconut.  I thought about just trying to make the pie without the coconut, but it seemed like such an integral part of the recipe--after all, it's supposed to be Florida Pie, not Just Your Average Key Lime Pie.  So sadly, I'm going to pass on TWD this week.  (But I'm excited about next week--another excuse to buy new bakeware!)  Go take a look at the Tuesdays with Dorie blogroll and check out all the fabulous pies!

Instead, I would like to highlight another recipe from Baking From My Home to Yours that I made a while back.  Click here for my post about Dorie's Lemon Sablés, which was my contribution to the LiveSTRONG with a Taste of Yellow event hosted by Barbara at Winos and Foodies.  While you're at it, head over to her blog to check out the round-up for LiveSTRONG Day 2008, which is today, May 13th. 

1 comment:

  1. What a pity you didn't try it - I reckon it would work just great without the coconut (I also am not too keen!) Glad to hear your Mother's Day was ok. hx

    ReplyDelete