Sunday, March 16, 2008

...On a sesame seed bun



Yesterday, I was reading an interesting article over at Mary's blog Starting From Scratch about homemade granola bars.  It made me start thinking about other things that I could make instead of buying them.  That, and the fact that the selection of hotdog and hamburger buns at the grocery store was pretty picked over by the time we were doing our shopping Friday night.  =)  I didn't really feel like having to make another trip out, so I started looking online and through some of my cookbooks for recipes that I could try.

I wanted something quick, since I already spent a good chunk of the day baking my TWD recipe for this week (check back on Tuesday for the results).  I found this recipe at the King Arthur website.  I made a half-batch, splitting it between the two types of buns (9 all together).  I also used my stand mixer instead of kneading by hand.  Everyone was very happy with the hamburger buns, which we had for dinner tonight.  I think I need to work on the shaping for the hotdog buns.  I'll definitely be making these again, so I'll have a chance to experiment.  

And who knows what else I'll find to make for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment