Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Too much chocolate cake


My Tuesdays with Dorie post is going to be late this week.  My last week of February was spent tending to sick children, which meant that I finished my Daring Bakers recipe at the absolute last minute.  It was a lovely flourless chocolate cake that we still haven't finished eating.   Meaning that this week's TWD chocolate cake is going to have to wait another day or two.  Besides I'm still pondering my choices...  raisins or prunes?  Scotch or bourbon (or rum)?  Decisions, decisions... =)  

8 comments:

  1. Well, you can always check out the rest of the TWD gang to help you decide. So many variations to choose from. :) Hope every one is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you all get better. I'm still fighting this asthma over a week now. This was a really good cake. I think Grand Marnier would be great in it if you have some. And we actually liked the prunes in it, but raisens would have been just as good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your conscience speaking.... go with the Scotch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to hear how you think this compares to the flourless chocolate cake! I'm also curious to see what dried fruit/booze combo you settle on after reading some TWD blogs this week. I happened to love the Grand Marnier/prune combo (although I'll be sure to cut up the prunes REALLY small next time!) I look forward to reading about your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon; I think you can never have too much chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the household is better. I didn't make this weeks recipe. See you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your girls are feeling better!!! I can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I totally want to try that burnt sugar ice cream. Kudos on getting this in around sick kiddies. As you can see, I have trouble getting around to commenting even without sick kiddies (or any kiddies at all)! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete