Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Nothing to see here


I'm sorry to say that I'm missing this week's Tuesdays with Dorie.  I'm particularly disappointed that I didn't get it done since this week's recipe was chosen by one of my favorite bloggers, Jayne of The Barefoot Kitchen Witch.  She picked Coconut Butter Thins.  Part of my reason for missing this one is that I don't like coconut.  I did originally intend to make these cookies, just without the coconut.  However life has been rather crazy and I just didn't get as far as making much of anything this past weekend.  (I missed the March Daring Bakers challenge, too.  *sigh*)  

I'm sure there are lots of great versions of this week's cookies, though, so head over to Tuesdays with Dorie and check out the blogroll.  And I'm sure you can find the recipe on Jayne's blog.  

p.s.  Okay, now that I've been to Jayne's blog and seen how good these look, I'm even sadder that I didn't make them.  Maybe this weekend... (no work, yay!)

5 comments:

  1. They were very good, Di. Hope you get to try them when things slow down a bit for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! don't worry... almost everybody is going crazy this time of year! ...you're allowed all the breaks you need!

    But in the end, I have to admit... you missed a pretty darn great cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, I also hate (hated?) coconut, but loved these cookies. For whatever that is worth. I realy couldn't taste coconut. I'll look forward to seeing your next post, whenever it comes. Enjoy your weekend off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely try and make these if you get the time! They are delicious and you can't taste the coconut at all! But I also hope you have a very relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't taste the coconut with the nuts and spice in the cookie. You have to make them. They are addictive.....

    And the pasta was fun, too.

    ReplyDelete