A few days ago Pamela over at Cookies with Boys tagged me for a meme. Today I finally have a few minutes to post about it. That is, assuming Brianna and Gillian decide to play quietly (or at least without needing my intervention) for a few minutes. =)
So, here are the Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I started going by the nickname Di when I went to college. My full name is Diana, and I decided that I was sick of people calling me Diane. It's not a bad name, it's just not my name. Now if I just had a nickel for everyone who says, "Oh, you mean like Princess Di?" =)
2. I have a BS in Chemistry from Caltech. Aside from a brief stint of lab temp work right after college, I've never had a job in a science field. Instead, baking is my way of satisfying my scientific side--"Hmm, I wonder what would happen if I change this..." The name of my blog comes from the "lab notebook" that I used to keep records of my experiments.
3. My husband and I first met 20 years ago this summer. It's still kind of disturbing that I can refer to something "20 years ago" and have it mean when I was in high school...
4. I've been to 36 states, and lived in 8 of them. The ones I'm missing are: Alaska, Hawaii, all of New England (6 states; crazy, since I grew up in PA), most of the Southeast (LA, MS, AL), and a few oddball ones--North Dakota, South Carolina, and West Virginia.
5. If I had to pick a favorite food, it would be pizza. Plain cheese, thin crust pizza. Why is it okay to eat plain cheese pizza as a kid but not as an adult? It seems like anytime I'm with a group of people ordering pizza, they give me a hard time for wanting just cheese. But you know, it always gets eaten... =)
6. I read all the time. Fiction, cookbooks, magazines, now blogs... I always have to have something to read with me. I have no idea how many books I own, and I only buy the ones I want to read repeatedly. Any time I move, one of the first things I do is find the library and get a new library card.
So those are a few random things about me. I'm not sure who to tag, since I'm not sure who hasn't done this one already. I'll have to do some checking and add that later.