Monday, December 24, 2007

'Twas the night before Christmas


I got home early today, since it was Christmas Eve, and actually had time to do some cooking and baking. The baking was kind of a necessity, since we ate most of the Christmas cookies that I made, so we needed more to have something for Santa. I made another batch of the Chocolate Bon-Bon cookies, although my daughter Brianna (who is not quite 5) still says she doesn't like them as much since they have nuts in them. She enjoyed dunking the dough balls in the sprinkles, though. She's a bit more heavy-handed than I am. I made the dough last night, and when I took it out of the fridge to warm up, I left it too long. It was kind of sticky and the cookies spread more than they should have. But they still taste good.


(preparing to go in the oven)


And here's some of the finished product, along with some spritz cookie trees.  We had to have carrots for Santa's reindeer as well--nine, in case Rudolph was along.  Not to mention hot chocolate, though I forgot the marshmallows.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment