Sunday, December 4, 2011

2nd Annual Virtual Cookie Exchange!


Happy December, everyone!  I'm not sure how it got here already, but I can't change the fact that it's started, so I might as well embrace it!  In contrast to last year, we're actually doing quite well getting into the holiday spirit.  Our Christmas tree is up and decorated, without any drama at all (unlike last year).  We had a holiday party last night, which gave me lots of incentive to get my house cleaned up (at least downstairs; upstairs still needs some work).  I've spent the past two days in one of my favorite places--my kitchen--doing one of my favorite things--making lots of yummy food to share with friends.

Last night's party was definitely a success, and now I'm here for another one.  The nice thing about this one is that no one will get to see that my house is still a mess from the last one. =)  (I even broke my own rule about not going to bed until all the dishes are washed.)  Some of you may remember that last year I hosted a Virtual Cookie Exchange here at Di's Kitchen.  It was lots of fun, and we all came away with some great cookie recipes to try.  I'm excited that we're doing it again this year!  I made it a little earlier--this way I can get the round-up done by next weekend and everyone will still have some baking time before most of the major holidays that are celebrated this time of year.

Many thanks to my friend Nancy's daughter Allison, who was kind enough to paint us a cookie badge again this year.  Check out her website for more custom artwork!  Hopefully you'll see lots of posts with it out there today, but if you miss a few, check back next weekend for the full round-up!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting this, it was a lot of fun! I can't wait to see the cookie recipes everyone shares! Gotta run and finishing decorating the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting...can't wait to see what everyone makes! And glad the party last night was a success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely the hostess-with-the-mostess this year, Di! And even with all the roles you juggle, you make it all look so easy. I can't wait to see all the cookies; it really puts me into the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting this, Di...here's my post for Orange Creme Roll Cookies. http://grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com/grandmas_kitchen_table/2011/12/dis-virtual-cookie-exchange-2011-orange-creme-roll-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cookie exchanges, and the virtual ones fit into my schedule so much better. Here's my cookie contribution: http://makingmichaelpollanproud.blogspot.com/2011/12/day-four-peanut-butter-blossoms.html

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being so flexible with our schedules, Di!

    http://ecalifornialiving.blogspot.com/2011/12/pecan-crunch-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I like this idea. I just made vegan sugar cookies for T to decorate (I think she likes the decorating more than the eating.) I wasn't thrilled about how the batch turned out, compared to the previous one though :( I'll write it up anyway and post here!

    ReplyDelete