Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Short but sweet...and chocolatey







The verdict?  These chocolate madeleines were pretty good, and were certainly a hit with the girls.  I'd like to try them again when I have time, not chilling the batter as long, or maybe not at all.  My madeleines came out rather flat, and I'd like to see if I can get them to have more of a bump, so maybe I can actually fill them with something.  (I didn't have any fluff anyway.)  I did like the combination of cake and ganache glaze.

If you'd like to try these, Margot has the recipe on her blog.  To see what the other TWD members thought of this week's pick, check out the Links.  Since it's been a while, I leave you with new pictures of my resident goofballs. =)



12 comments:

  1. Well, those look perfect. I have got to get a good madeleine pan so mine will look like yours.

    Cuties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right on all counts: these were sweet and chocolatey, and that is definitely a short post - way to cut straight to the verdict! Thanks for the best part: the adorable pix of your little ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know what? Those look delicious....because they are chocolate. Goofballs? They are adorable and the reason why we do what we do. Enjoy those little princess's in the making :") Good Luck too with your new endeavor.
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice recipe.I hope I would be able to make it with the perfection as you did.Looking delicious,gonna have this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love short posts sometimes! Your madeleines look perfect Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guys here loved these mads as well with all their chocolatey goodness. Yours look very pretty. Cute photos of B & G!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little goofballs you have there. :) Glad these turned out even if you thought they were a bit flat. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're adorable! And the madeleines look great too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your girls are so cute! Your madeleines turned out fantastic, glad they were a hit. Thanks for baking with me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing. I have made madeleines, but never good chocolate ones. Yum! I will check out the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete