Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Gingerbread Muffins


It's been a crazy couple of days, so I'm trying to get caught up on my baking and cooking escapades from the last few days...
Since the bagel selection was quite decimated by the time we got to Central Market Friday night, I figured I'd better make some muffins so I'd have breakfast during the week.  Since I had to work on Saturday, Sunday morning was my only opportunity.  Brianna lobbied for Coffeecake Muffins (she likes to drizzle the icing on them), but I was in the mood for something different.  After some poking around on the Fine Cooking and Cooks Illustrated sites, I settled on Gingerbread Muffins with Crystallized Ginger Topping.  I still need to work on my photography skills a bit.  I like this picture the best of the ones I took, but it came out a bit blurry (no flash).


The batter was easy to put together.  Brianna still got to help, by putting the sugar/ginger topping on them, as well as greasing the pan for me.  I 'm glad that I replaced my spices recently--these use a tablespoon of dried ginger, and I could really taste it in the batter.  It wasn't quite so strong once the muffins were baked.  They turned out quite good, though next time I may skip the crystallized ginger and just sprinkle some turbinado sugar on top.  Gillian really liked them:


No comments:

Post a Comment